Gone with the wind: Einhell cordless leaf blowers remove leaves with ease!
It's a wonderful time of year when we gradually say goodbye to summer and leave sweltering hot days behind us. A fresh autumn breeze is blowing in just at the right time! The previously summery bright green trees r are now glowing in the most beautiful red, orange and yellow, while little by little the leaves float to the ground. But the splendour of the leaves also brings new tasks around the home and garden, as fallen leaves need to be removed. But if you're still reaching for a rake or broom today, you've only got yourself to blame! With a cordless leaf blower, you not only work more efficiently, but also in an environmentally friendly way without exhaust fumes. We have put our cordless leaf blowers to the Einhell practical test and explain what our models can do!
Cordless leaf blower in the test: How the leaf blower works
How a leaf blower works is actually quite simple. A blower, driven by either a conventional carbon brush motor or a brushless motor, creates an airflow. Compared to brush motors, brushless motors are more durable and powerful because they are not subject to mechanical wear and do not require maintenance.
The controls, such as the on/off switch and the speed control, are easily accessible on the housing of the leaf blower. The grip surfaces of the Einhell leaf blower are equipped with softgrip, so the device sits comfortably and securely in the hand.
However, in order to be able to blow leaves, dirt or cuttings out of the way, you need a suitable blowing pipe. This is attached to the housing of our models without tools and can therefore be easily removed for cleaning or storage. Certain cordless leaf blower models are equipped with a separable or telescopic, i.e. extendable, blowing tube. This means that you can easily adapt the cordless leaf blower to the working area for each use and can remove leaves from wide paths as well as narrow niches.
Multipurpose: Different places to use the leaf blower
Autumn leaves do not need to be removed from everywhere in the garden. If the leaves are lying on the flower beds, which are just going into hibernation, the leaves can stay put, as they serve as frost protection and rot into valuable humus. But there are enough other areas around the home and garden where the foliage can become not only annoying, but also harmful and dangerous.
- Garden: To ensure that your garden's lawn gets through the winter and can present itself healthy and green again in the spring, autumn leaves that have settled on the grass should definitely be removed. Healthy grass needs oxygen and light, which is kept out by the leaves. With a cordless leaf blower, leaves can be easily blown onto beds or gathered into leaf piles without harming the lawn!
- Paths: Dirt and leaves, especially if they are slowly decaying, look unsightly on paths and yard areas. But autumn leaves not only make an unkempt impression, they can also become a real hazard. Wet leaves on paths create slippery conditions and often lead to serious injuries. Therefore, it is important to remove the leaves and dirt as soon as possible!
- Gravel areas: Falling leaves often drop on gravel surfaces. Especially with light coloured stones, this does not make a pretty picture. But instead of laboriously plucking the leaves out of the gravel, you can simply use the cordless leaf blower! With the help of the speed control and enough distance, you can carefully blow the leaves out of the gravel bed and adjust the air speed so that the stones stay put.
- Workshop: Where wood is chopped, splinters must surely fall! You don't necessarily have to use a broom to clear your workshop of wood chips, dust and other grime. Our small and handy cordless blower TE-CB 18/180 Li is perfect for use on construction sites, in the workshop or in the garden, thanks to two different air speeds.
Running time, weight and blowing power: What to look out for when making a purchase
To make the right choice when buying a cordless leaf blower, you should be clear beforehand about where and how intensively you want to use it. Have large areas that need to be cleared of leaves and want to save yourself the hassle of reaching for a rake? Then sufficient running time, a high blowing capacity and a low weight of the model are very important! You can influence the running time of Einhell cordless leaf blowers individually with the choice of Power X‐Change battery, as the devices of the Power X‐Change family can be flexibly combined with all batteries and all chargers. If the battery is empty but you haven’t finished your work, you can easily replace the empty battery with a fully charged one and continue right away! With our Twin‐ or Quattrochargers you can also charge several batteries at the same time.
In order to remove not only dry leaves, but alsowet leaves with the cordless leaf blower, you should make sure it has a high blowing speed. For outdoor use and large, wide areas, your model should be able to reach at least 200 km/h. Apart from the smaller battery‐powered blower, all battery‐powered leaf blowers from Einhell achieve up to 210 km/h blowing speed. So you should be well equipped with that! The GE‐LB 36/210 Li E model also has a turbo switch which, in addition to the high air speed of 210 km/h, generates a very high air volume of up to 816 m³/h. Even damp leaves don’t stand a chance!
Carrying comfort and weight
Even though working with a leaf blower is much easier and faster than with a rake, it can be exhausting when used for a long time. So, it’s also important that the cordless leaf blower is not too heavy! A low device and battery weight, which is better distributed thanks to the carrying strap, also makes time‐intensive work easier.
Ergonomic and environmentally friendly: These are the advantages of the cordless leaf blower
- Wireless freedom: Thanks to the Power X‐Change batteries, you can move freely with your cordless leaf blower and are completely independent of cables or sockets.
- No fumes: Unlike petrol leaf blowers, battery models do not produce exhaust fumes. This not only protects the environment, but also the local wildlife!
- Ease of use: Lightweight, handy and with an adjustable carrying strap, the cordless leaf blowers are easy and comfortable to use.
Noise control and weather: When can and should the leaf blower be used?
Sun, rain or storm: When are the conditions best?
Not every day and every weather is suitable for working with a leaf blower. To help you control where to blow the leaves, there should be as little wind as possible outside.
Ideal conditions are when the last rain shower was a few days ago and the leaves are no longer wet, as wet leaves are more difficult to move. Dry days with little wind – these are the perfect conditions for working with the cordless leaf blower!
Summary: The best Einhell cordless leaf blowers for your garden
Compared to petrol or electric leaf blowers, you can work much more flexibly, more freely and in a more environmentally friendly way with the cordless model. In the cordless leaf blower comparison, you will also notice that the models from Einhell impress with a very good price‐performance ratio. So why still reach for the rake? With the cordless leaf blower and a lithium‐ion battery from the Power X‐Change family, you save yourself a lot of effort, time and energy. And your lawn will thank you for removing the leaves come spring.